We make paper for more than 100 years.

1904

Foundation of „Norddeutsche Papierfabrik Hirt & Jenß”

1905

Start of PM1 with production of newsprint paper

1908

Start of PM2 with production of newsprint paper
(total production of both paper machines 300 to/a)

1910

Disposal to the paper mill Kabel at Hagen, new name „Papierfabrik Uetersen GmbH”

1913

Merger of the paper mills Kabel, Reisholz and Uetersen to „Papierfabrik Reisholz AG”

1914

Down time in August due to the 1st World War

1915

Production restart in April, mainly spinning and printing papers due to war related raw materials scarcity

1929

Merger of „Papierfabrik Reisholz AG, Düsseldorf” and „Feldmühle Papier- und Zellstoffwerke AG, Stettin Odermünde” to „Feldmühle, Papier- und Zellstoffwerke AG, Werk Uetersen”

1939

The outbreak of the 2nd World War led to close-down in autumn with subsequent partial dismantling, occupation of some areas by the National Mail for storage, short before the end of the war used by the Navy also for storage

1947

Reconstruction of the mill started in May with 5 workers and 2 clerks

1948

After finishing all maintenance work at the PM1 production started in July with 18-25 to/day with 49 workers and 9 clerks

1949

PM2 production start in September with 20-25 to/day

1950

Production swap from newsprint to illustration printing paper, staff increase by year end to 257 workers and 37 clerks

1951

New building for calender and screening departments

1952

Dismantling of the old PM2 (within 24 hours!)

1952

After the start-up of the new Pinnau flap bridge the mill could be supplied with wood and later on with pulp bales on the water way

1953

Start-up of the new PM2 already in early February, total production volume of the mill was now 150-160 to/day

1959

First off-line coating machine equipment for the PM1 (roll-coater), after Uetersen mill’s success machine coating was caught up in other „Feldmühle” mills as well

1963

Start of off-line blade coater for the PM2

1963

Construction of a new office building

1967

Construction of a new storage depot at the Bahnstrasse

1970

Installation of an on-line blade coater for the PM1

1979

With the close down of groundwood mill, swat to permanent neutral paper manufacturing of wood free coated products on PM2

1980

Installation of a coating machine 2 (CM2) and building of a new finishing, stock and dispatch area

1992

Start of "Trenntechnik„ (filler and fiber recovery)

1995

Rebuilt of PM1 pre-coating unit (Twin HSM)

1997

Exchange of coater 2 + 3 CM 2, new sheet cutter SQ 8, modernisation of the coating kitchen, new waste water sludge press

2001

Rebuilt of the PM2 for higher substances up to 350 gsm and capacity increase to 190.000 t/a

2006

Conversion to alkaline production on PM1, new guillotine system

2007

Installation of a steam turbine at the power plant

2009

Widening of PM2 product portfolio with ≥ 400 gsm, development of a label paper grade containing PCW

2011

Strategic alignment towards Speciality Papers

2012

Implementation of AGV for pallet transportation and usage of RFID technique

2015

Back to the roots. New ownership and new company name „Feldmuehle Uetersen GmbH”, new portfolio: SBS board, liner, wet strength label paper, flexible packaging paper and graphical paper